So I have an interesting issue, and I dunno if I’m just looking at it wrong, or what. Anyway, here I go:
- Have a working 3-node CrateDB cluster
- Nodes are on private IPs: 10.10.1.1/24
- Nodes are set to site
- Can’t seem to get CrateDB to bind both to localhost and an IP; if I put global in the config, it will not start
- Crash allows remote login with users (not superuser)
According to the documentation, the superuser can’t login remotely and is the only one with AL permissions. Trying to do a ‘GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES’ to a user returns “GRANT OK, 3 rows affected”, not the “4 rows affected” reflected on the User Management page. This seems to grant all perms EXCEPT AL.
Trying to do a ‘GRANT AL’ to a user results in an unknown privileged error.
So two questions:
- If I have a running cluster, using Internal IPs, how can I create users / passwords if I can’t login with the Superuser and can’t grant anyone Superuser perms?
- Is it possible to get CrateDB to bind both to localhost and an internal IP so that I can connect locally with Crash and use the superuser?