I try to import a CSV file from my Google Drive to a CrateDB Cloud cluster. I set the sharing options of the file to “anyone with the link can edit”. Still it doesn’t import the data into the cluster. I see a strange error message that I can make no sense off
Any advice would be appreciated!
Unfortunately, the usual way of sharing documents from Google Drive is not enough as it doesn’t make the documents public, and therefore your cluster cannot access them. See their documentation here for details.
Follow these steps to import from Google Drive:
- Open the document you want to import.
- Navigate to File → Share → Publish to web
- In the modal, choose the “Link” tab
- Choose either the entire document or the specific sheet you want to import.
.csv as the format
- Click Publish.
- Copy the public link to the document and use this as the import URL in the Cloud Console
Hope this helps!