For professional purpose, i’m using CrateDB since several years. i was using a little self-made SQL Client (not really releasable :p). So i started, few months ago, to develop (once more) , from scratch, a new Admin Client for CrateDB databases to easily handle my datas. It’s a sort of HeidiSQL Client Clone dedicated to Crate databases. It’s a standalone Windows application (in .NET) which also works with Wine on Linux and MacOS X.
It’s a portable application which don’t need any admin rights on computer. You only need a CrateDB server, and CrateDBAdmin executable.
I want to make it available for everyone in few days, to promote CrateDB, in which I believe since many years. It will be released as a freeware (with a donation link if you want to support it).
There’s still a lot of work, but actually it supports :
- Crate Connection through a HTTP Proxy
- CrateDB basic authentication (if authentication is activated on server)
- Create/Alter tables and parameters with a simple window (supports Nested objects etc…)
- SQL Queries with SQL reformatter/beautifier feature and data grid rendering with live data modifications inside grid (also supports JSON nested object modification, GEO_POINT arrays, etc…)
- SQL Queries auto-completion for schema, tables, columns, and nested columns
- Blob tables with digest preview (based on file signatures) + browse file easily to upload blob if necessary
- Filter through all schema and tables names for quick access
- Automatic charts (Columns / Bars / Pie) rendering on aggregated SQL Results
- Automatic formatting on data grid clipboard copy to easily paste results into excel worksheets
Here is a little screenshot :
I’m preparing a quick website to host the executable and users will also be able to report issues through it.
Long life to CrateDB !