Guidelines on node sizing

I can still not get data into that stand-alone system at close to real time.

Reviewing the clustering and partitioning strategy may help here, we also have several other options in the table definition we can work with.

Sharding and partitioning guide for time-series data - Tutorials - CrateDB Community

I’m not sure we are that interested to be tied into a specific product just yet.

I understand. Some settings like the options we got around sharding are of course CrateDB specific, but as CrateDB is compatible with the PostgreSQL protocol and the SQL language a lot of the work you are doing could be ported to another system if needed, and CrateDB can run on premises so you are not locked in to a specific cloud vendor.

If you still think, it would be worthwhile talking and not wasting your time, I can fill out the form.

I think a call would definitely be worthwhile, you seem to have got an interesting use case in your hands and we are always eager to learn more about what people are doing or trying to do with CrateDB and we want to help, the success of the community is also our success.

1 Like